Thursday, October 2, 2014

Meet - Victoria Bright



Pinky's Favorite Authors is pleased to have Victoria Bright, author of The Daring Assignment here today. 





What inspired you to start writing, and when? 
I actually started writing in the 8th grade. It was the only thing that resembled “doing classwork” when I was bored out of my mind and couldn’t concentrate. I actually thought I was Harriet the Spy!

What is your preferred genre? 
I love Romance!

Tell us your latest news? 
I just released my first erotica, The Daring Assignment, which is the first book of the Curvy Assignments series.

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest work? 
The Daring Assignment is the first erotica I ever wrote. It’s about a woman who feels stuck in her every day life and is tired of having her life controlled with money and status. She gets this risky writing assignment from her literary agent that sends her on an erotic adventure and she quickly realizes that she can’t lead double lives. In the end, she has to make the ultimate decision. Does she stick with what she’s familiar to, or does she continue following the path she stumbled upon?

How long did it take you to complete? 
Probably about 2 months.

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances? Yes. Every character that I ever write about are either based on different faucets of my personality, or people I know in real life.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself? 
Ha, I’m not talented enough to design something that sexy. My best friend Laura, who owns Bookfabulous Designs, is my cover designer. Isn’t it awesome?

Where did you get the inspiration for your cover? 
My covers reflect my storyline. My character, Arianna Donatelli, is very shy and reserved when it comes to sex. In other words, she’s a prude (as am I). The cover reflects that she still wants to be sexy, but in a teasingly shy way. I think that it portrays her nicely.

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? 
I have to outline or else I’ll be all over the place and nothing will make sense.

Do you write under a pen name? 
Nope! I write under my actual name!

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out? 
Always look at the bigger picture. Don’t stress over whatever milestone you’re currently at. Think about reaching the finish line at all times and imagine how accomplished you’ll feel when you see YOUR book for sale in the online market place!



Ok, now some fun questions….

Coffee or Tea? Neither. I’m obsessed with Gatorade.

White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate? Milk chocolate

What is your favourite colour? Pink and purple

Winter or Summer? In the south, NEITHER! Give me spring all year!

If you could have one superpower what would it be? The ability to heal people.

If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why? Beyonce because she’s awesome!

What are three things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)? Chapstick, gum, and ...

Are you a technology buff (i.e have every electronic gadget known to man)? I guess so? Well, I mostly have a ton of Apple products. My ipod, iPhone, ipad and Macbook. And a Kindle. And a PS Vita.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and enjoyed? I think it was Property Brothers on HGTV. I love HGTV!





Grab your copy now !



No comments:

Post a Comment