Saturday, October 4, 2014

Meet - Mario Saincic - Author of My African Dream


Author Bio:

Recipes are rules meant to be broken!
Mario Saincic was born in 1970, and has a passion for life. Starting off in restaurant kitchens and ending up as an architectural designer, he has managed to turn his creativity into a career. Writing is one such desire, and since the release of Infirmity, there is hardly a day that goes by without characters sitting around discussing their lives with him.

"Inspiration appears at the strangest of times, and we need to embrace it."

His desire in life is to be as perfect an example to his kids as his father is to him.


What inspired you to start writing, and when?

A bad separation. It was a way to put my feelings down on paper, and soon after it turned into a book which led to another...and so on.

What is your preferred genre?

To read: various. To write: romance – it gives me a chance to tell stories about people in a way that focuses on real life.

Tell us your latest news?

Uhm...I have two new books almost complete...

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest work?

Inspired by a friend, the character of Milly developed over time and she eventually started dancing across the pages. When I booked her ticket and sent her to Kenya, I had to introduce her to the reality of African life, and the brutal act of rhino poaching and how it is threatening the extinction of a beautiful beast. She developes as a character and eventually surprises herself when she ends up saving her man.

How long did it take you to complete?

5 months

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?

I write about people so each book will have characteristics from someone I know or have met, even if the waitress at my favourite coffee shop or a granny I chat to at the green grocer.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself?

That worried me more than completing the book. The story is filled with heart and passion and nothing less than perfect would be good enough. I got in touch with Heart Covers, a new design company, and the process and final draft was perfect. It incorporates everything I wanted to portray, and Natalie really paid close attention to what I wanted. To be honest...I still smile when I look at the cover.

Where did you get the inspiration for your cover?

My heart.

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants?

I don’t start a book without playing it out in my head like a movie. So far everything I have written had the closing line and scene before I started writing ‘Chapter One’

Do you write under a pen name?

No. I am the only Mario Saincic in the world, and I’m proud of it.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out?

Don’t stop no matter what. Follow your heart, and be prepared to get raised brows when you tell people you are a writer. Very important...take edits and comments as a way to better yourself and not as a personal attack.

Ok, now some fun questions…. My favourite kind...

Coffee or Tea?

Coffee

White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?

I very rarely eat anything sweet, but when the craving drags me to the pantry or closest store, it is milk.

What is your favourite colour?

Green.

Winter or Summer?

Depends who I am with...

If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Teleportation.

If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why?

Nelson Mandela, so that I could try and rectify the mess that has arisen since his death.

What are three things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?

A smile, a tune in my head, and a longing to get back to the ones I love.

Are you a technology buff (i.e have every electronic gadget known to man)?

I still use a map book instead of a GPS.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and enjoyed?


The Tomorrow People on TV, and Hansel and Gretal Witch Hunters.

Social Media Links:




My African Dream

My African Dream finds Millicent Cramer in the heart of Kenya, a world she only ever dreamed about. Even her wildest imagination could not have prepared her for life on African soil, but what she experienced there changed her life forever. She found the harsh beauty overwhelming; the people comforting; and even found love…but the biggest thing she discovered was a purpose for her life - a calling far beyond anything she had experienced before.

Keep your eye out over at Pinky's Favorite Reads for my review of My African Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment