Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Author Spotlight - Eva Marie Paulliere

A little while ago, I was approached by an author to read their latest book. That Author was Eva Marie Paulliere. I was scrolling through my Facebook Feed the other day, and a new book by this amazing author popped up and I thought I would contact Eva again and find out what has happened since we last chatted. This is what I found out 

What inspired you to start writing, and when?
Although I write nothing remotely resembling his works, when I started reading Stephen King as a teenager, I wanted to write novels too.

What is your preferred genre?To write: Romance, Comedy, Thriller, Satire. To read: Almost anything.

Is there anything in the works now?
I am currently working on a comedy about a broken marriage entitled “Bitch Control”.

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest work?
My last work was “The Player” which completed the Two Stories Trilogy. The first book was my first novel.

It ends the zany love story between two people who meet and fall in love under bizarre and roundabout circumstances. A lot of other stories revolve around the two as well.


How long did it take you to complete?
That’s a tough one to answer. I tried writing it immediately after the second book, but it didn’t work out. I attempted that book so many times before I finished it, that at one point I almost decided not to write it.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself?
I did! With some help from free stock photos online.

Where did you get the inspiration for your cover?
I wanted a sexy, faceless woman in an Asian dress. If you read the book, you’ll see why I chose it. Until then, I’m keeping my mouth shut.

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants?
I have written both ways, but err on the side of plotting and outlining, mostly because I cannot write as fast as my thoughts. For instance, the entire plot for my second novel, once I decided what it was, came to me in about an hour.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out?
Until you finish the first draft of your first book, don’t tell anyone what you are working on. It kills your motivation to write if you start telling the story instead of writing it down.

Ok, now some fun questions….

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.

White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
Dark chocolate, especially the ones that have 90% real cacao in them.

What is your favourite colour?
Red

Winter or Summer?
I live in Florida, so they are the same.

If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Telekinesis.
 
If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why?
I’d be Jesus, so I could ask my Dad a few favors.

What are three things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
My Kindle, headphones, and an 8mm cord to patch it into my car stereo.

Are you a technology buff (i.e have every electronic gadget known to man)?
I am, to a point.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and enjoyed?
Game of Thrones.

If you want to find out more about Eva, checkout her website:



           


           

No comments:

Post a Comment