Thursday, August 21, 2014

Meet - Felicity Heaton

The Authors are stopping by thick and fast this week! 

I have just finished chatting to Felicity Heaton, and found out all about her latest release - 


Tempted by a Rogue Prince



Tell us your latest news?
I’ve just released the third book in my Eternal Mates series, Tempted by a Rogue Prince, and completed the next Her Angel series novel, Her Avenging Angel, which comes out in October. I’m currently planning the next Eternal Mates book, Hunted by a Jaguar, which has gone down well with my readers as I think they’re waiting for another fix. I’m planning to give them several fixes of this series all in a row next year, starting in January with Hunted by a Jaguar.

Can you tell us a little bit about Tempted by a Rogue Prince?
Tempted by a Rogue Prince is the third book in my Eternal Mates series and follows on from the second book in the series, Claimed by a Demon King. We are still in Hell, but this time we are following Vail, an elf prince who is wandering through the demon realms, maddened by the things that have happened to him and searching for an escape from it. Vail ends up captured by the warriors of the Fifth Realm, and dragged unconscious into the cells where he meets his destiny in the form of a beautiful female born of the same species as the woman who held him spellbound and tormented him for over four thousand years.

Rosalind took part in the war between the Third Realm and the Fifth Realm, fighting on the side of the third. During the war, she was captured by the Fifth Realm, and has been held in the cells of the castle ever since, forced to heal anyone that the demon king commands her to heal, including a handsome unconscious male in one of the cells. When Rosalind realises that he’s not only an elf but an elf prince, and that the prediction she was given by her grandmother might be about to come true, a prediction she’s tried to avoid triggering, she isn’t sure what to do but one thing is for certain—she needs his help to escape the demons.

How long did it take you to complete?
I’m not really sure. I tend to start writing a new book once I’ve finished work on another project’s first draft, and alternate between them. So it’s hard to say how long a specific book took, as I was probably writing or editing another novel at the same time. Most of my novels take around two and a half months if I roll all the planning, first draft writing time, editing, and proofreading into one lump of time.

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?
None. I don’t tend to base characters on people I know. I prefer to make them unique. I just let them walk into my head and tell me about themselves and we go from there.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself?
Yes, I made the cover for Tempted by a Rogue Prince. I make all the covers for my books as I am trained as a graphic designer. My degree is actually in that art, even though I then moved on to web design and programming before becoming a writer. I absolutely love making my covers and graphics for my books. It’s a nice change of pace and a different outlet for my creativity. After painting pictures with words, I get to make an actual picture to embody those words.

Where did you get the inspiration for your cover?

The ether, I think. I tend to have an image in my mind of what I want for the cover, so it really conveys something about the book, and then I do my best to make that image happen. Sometimes it’s easier than others. Sometimes I can end up spending a whole day looking for the right image to use as part of the design. It’s a fun process though and I enjoy it, especially when I manage to create the image I wanted for the cover. I like to challenge myself to make a better cover than the last one I made. 








Ok, now some fun questions….


Coffee or Tea?
Tea, but I do love coffee. I was raised on tea, being British.


White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
Dark Chocolate.


What is your favourite colour?
Purple.


Winter or Summer?
Winter, although really I would go with autumn.


If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Teleportation or a healing ability.


If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why?
I don’t know. I’m quite happy being me. I don’t really feel I need to be anyone else, not even for a day.



About Felicity Heaton:
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times and USA Today international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books, she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons! If you're a fan of paranormal romance authors Lara Adrian, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter and Christine Feehan then you will enjoy her books too.


If you love your angels a little dark and wicked, the best-selling Her Angel series is for you. If you like strong, powerful, and dark vampires then try the Vampires Realm series or any of her stand-alone vampire romance books. If you’re looking for vampire romances that are sinful, passionate and erotic then try the best-selling Vampire Erotic Theatre series. Or if you prefer huge detailed worlds filled with hot-blooded alpha males in every species, from elves to demons to dragons to shifters and angels, then take a look at the new Eternal Mates series.

If you want to know more about Felicity, or want to get in touch, you can find her at the following places:
Giveaway




No comments:

Post a Comment